Creamy coconut milk pasta with roasted greens
300g dried spaghetti pasta
1 small onion, diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 sprigs rosemary, de-stalked and chopped
1/4 tsp red chili flakes
pinch of sea salt & black pepper
1 can full fat coconut milk
2-3 kale stalks or 1 cup spinach (chopped if using kale)
1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
12 asparagus stalks
1. Preheat oven to 200 C | 400 F.
2. Place broccoli and asparagus in a baking dish, pour on olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 mins.
3. Bring a pot of water to boil and add spaghetti. Cook until al dente. Remove pasta from water and reserve one cup of pasta water.
3. Meanwhile, pour a glug of olive oil into a large frypan and saute onion and garlic on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add rosemary, chili flakes, salt & pepper and saute for a further 5 minutes until everything has softened.
4. Add coconut milk to the pan and bring to a simmer.
5. Add chopped kale, simmer for 2 minutes until it has softened and is vibrant green.
6. Add the roasted broccoli & asparagus to the pan. Add in pasta noodles and stir to combine. Pour in a little reserved pasta water if it is too thick.
7. Serve topped with fresh basil and a good squeeze of fresh lemon.