christmas antioxidant chocolates
Makes 10 chocolates
100g dark chocolate
½ tsp coconut oil
¼ tsp chili flakes
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
a handful of each:
dried mango, finely sliced
pistachio seeds, cut in half lengthwise
pinch of sea salt
1. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Roughly chop chocolate.
3. Fill a small pot with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil on the stove top.
4. Reduce heat and place a heat-safe bowl (I used a small stainless steel mixing bowl) on top of the pot making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water. This is the double boiler method for melting chocolate.
5. Place the chocolate into the bowl and stir occasionally with a spatula. As it is melting, add in the coconut oil. Continue heating & stirring until smooth & melted. Remove pot from heat.
6. Keeping the bowl on the pot, stir in the chili flakes & ground cinnamon.
7. Using a spoon, take small scoops of chocolate and place on the parchment paper. Gently use the spoon to flatten and round the chocolate. I only do 3 chocolates at a time, to prevent them cooling too quickly.
8. Decorate with sliced dried mango, goji berries, pistachio seeds & pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle with a few more chili flakes and a pinch of sea salt.
9. Place chocolates in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to set. Afterwards, chocolates are best stored in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.
Enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas!
Shannon x x