Sure, breakfast is a pretty important meal of the day, but choosing a healthy one is what really starts you off on your best foot! This is because your breakfast choice sets the tone for your blood sugar levels for the day, affecting your energy levels and how often you find yourself reaching for a snack. In addition to taking regular breaks away from the computer and getting out for a lunch time walk, starting your day with a high protein and fibre filled breakfast will do wonders to keep you feeling your best throughout the day.
Unfortunately the reality of packaged foods like cereals, granolas and oatmeal packets, means that most of us are starting our day with tons of hidden added sugar. It's understandable why we reach for these convenient meals, mornings are a really busy time! Personally I'm a huge fan of starting my day with a healthy breakfast, so in order to keep things healthy AND quick, here are a few of my favourite tips to help you get prepared ahead of time:
6 TIPS FOR A QUICK BREAKFAST
1. Cook oatmeal the night before and then heat it up in the morning.
2. Pop a quick batch of overnight oats into the fridge before heading to bed.
3. Mix coconut milk and chia seeds in a jar and place into the fridge. Wake up to chia pudding.
4. Pre-chop veggies like red cabbage and kale or grate carrot to put into your scrambled eggs.
5. Boil a few eggs for the week and keep them in the fridge.
6. Steam and freeze veggies like broccoli, zucchini and cauliflower for your morning smoothie.
Now here's a little inspiration for healthy breakfast meals! Don't forget you can always find more by following The Glorious Kitchen on Instagram.
8 HEALTHY BREAKFAST MEALS
I'm always looking for new breakfast ideas, what's your favourite weekday morning brekky?